Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Ilocandia: Marcos Mausoleum

Thank you for checking out my post. Please visit my new blog https://letsgoady.com/travel/. I am posting there every week about my recent travels and lifestyle. Thank you. XOXO -ady

After visiting Crisologo Museum, our next stop is to Marcos Mausoleum.


The Marcos Mausoleum in Batac Ilocos Norte is an almost 1 hour drive from Crisologo Museum. It is where the late former Ferdinand Marcos embalmed body in a glass case lies. The mausoleum is open for public viewing from Monday to Sunday 9am to 12nn and 1pm to 4pm. 


The mausoleum was made of adobe rock. There is a warning sign that Cameras and Hard Objects are not allowed inside posted on the wall upon entrance, obviously to pay respect of what’s inside. 

There is a personnel standing in the entrance, looks like a personal guard for me.  I actually felt creepy while inside. Added to the eerie feeling is the solemn music being played.


The family confirmed that the corpse is real but some says that it’s just a wax replica. Whatever it is I’ll let you do the judgement.

Beside the Mausoleum is the Marcos Museum, we don’t have the chance to go inside because there is an entrance fee and our tour guide is missing in action. I guess it’s not part of the tour. :)



Follow the journey of Let's Go Ady: Ilocandia trip on the links below:


D1, Part 4: Ilocandia: Marcos Mausoleum

No comments:

Post a Comment