Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Its time everyone flies - My CEB Experience

Thank you for checking out my post. Please visit my new blog https://letsgoady.com/travel/. I am posting there every week about my recent travels and lifestyle. Thank you. XOXO -ady

 


Cebu Pacific is one of the famous airlines that offers affordable and low-cost fares here in the Philippines. Known for their slogan Its time everyone flies, this company kept their promise in ensuring that every JUAN can now afford to travel.

This is where our Summer Vacation 2013 all started. Our flight bound to Tagbilaran, Bohol is around 8am in the morning. Ive reached the terminal at around 6:30am, standby outside while waiting for my college friends to arrived. As a Standard Operating Procedure, passengers should be in the airport 2 hours before their flight so they still have ample time to check in and wait for the plane.

We have reached the counter 50 minutes before our flight. Close enough since theres a rule that counters will be closed 45 minutes before the departure.  Upon check in, theres seems to be a problem with our ticket. The booking information counter told us that there is a conflict with the previously booked and the newly booked one (our ticket has been re-booked because of wrong dates). I was joking that well be left in Manila and the rest of the group can enjoy the trip but deep inside I was hoping that we can get the flight. We are all questioning the lady on the Booking Information but instead of answering our question she just advised us to give our complaints to the ticketing office since the latter hold this certain problem. Good thing the office fixed the issue promptly and approved it. Whew! I thought I'll be left alone! Nooo.

Charged to experience Ive compiled and created the “adyTips while travelling Guide. Hope you find this tips useful as we dont want this to happen during our travel.
 adyTips1: Be in the airport at least 2 hours before the departure as to avoid unexpected occurrence that might happen.

After getting our board passes, we then proceed to our respective gate. I was expecting to pay for a terminal fee but luckily we havent. Pasted is the report from CEB Vice President explaining why there's no terminal fee payment on CEB tickets:
"From Manila and now Cebu, our passengers will no longer have to line up and pay the terminal fee after checking in for their flight," said Cebu Pacific vice president for marketing and distribution Candice Iyog. Cebu Pacific said passengers who book their Cebu tickets before March 1 will still pay the MCIAA terminal fee at designated terminal fee counters at the airport. Iyog said the airline is working with MCIAA to further improve guest experience at the airport. - excerpt from gmanetwork.com

As we are inside the craft, the captain advised us that the departure will be delayed since they are waiting for a parking space in Tagbilaran Airport, so instead of wasting fuel waiting on air, the strategy is to wait on land in Manila and wait for the departure advice.

Im good with the strategy since I do prefer to have a relaxing rest on land instead of experiencing the turbulence and turn around on air. 






 After takeoff Ive already heard the growl of my stomach. Im starving and we have no food on our hand carry. I know the food being sold in the plane is expensive but I guess its worth a try.

There are only 2 available sandwiches that time Pizza Overload and Corned beef sandwich.
Ive ordered the pizza  sandwich (100php), Chip (50php) and Soda (50php), a total of 200 pesos for 3 items. Expensive eh.
 The sandwich is really cold. I would appreciate it if they have microwave and reheated it. well this is just my suggestion. :)

200 pesos for 3 items

After the cabin crew asked us for food, its now time for a short game. Its BRING ME time! But instead of the traditional rushing the items in front, the rule now is whoever raised the requested item first will won a prize. I've already saw this game way back so this time Im a bit prepared

The bring me items are:
1. A family picture
2. Give at least 3 name of the cabin crew and captain
3. A cellphone charger
4. Picture of late Cory Aquino
5. A hand sanitizer

There are only 3 rounds or items per flight, which is just a compilation of my whole experience.

Have I won the game? Its a resounding Yeeesss! I was actually overwhelmed and as described by Cris that I looked like Ive hit the jackpot. Actually its not the price that I'm really excited about, Ive just enjoyed the fast beat of heart xp while rushing to get that thing. Well, i just easy to please and those little things could easily make me feel happy. Hahaha! :))

Cebu pacific pouch and the charger during bring me game
After some minutes the cabin crew informed us that we are now in Cebu and in no time will be reaching Bohol. I honestly didn't noticed the time since I'm busy enjoying the food (except the cold sandwich) and their cool game.



View of Cebu from Above
Bohol from Above
Bohol from Above
Not sure if its the Virgin Island
Captured a cool formation of cloud


Follow my 4Days/3Nights BOHOL-CEBU Trip:
Day 1
  Part 1: Its time everyone flies - My Cebu Pacific Experience
  Part 3Baclayon Church
  Part 6: Loboc River Cruise  
  Part 7: Loboc Tarsier  
  Part 8: Man Made Forest
  Part 9: Bohol Butterfly Sanctuary
  Part 10: Chocolate Hills
  Part 11: Bamboo Hanging Bridge
  Part 12: All Organic at Bohol Bee Farm




No comments:

Post a Comment